MUSLIM WOMEN OF MERTON
Welcome - What we do:
Muslim women positively impacting local areas through community leadership
Empower. Engage. Inspire.
Fulfilling women's potential to positively impact society
Special Commendation from Merton Voluntary Services Council, 2018
Gold Award for Volunteering and Leadership from MVSC, 2017
MWM invited by MP Siobhan McDonagh on a tour of Palace of Westminster
MWM raising £1200 for Macmillan selling home baked treats by community
Interfaith Iftar with the Mayor in attendance, hosted by MWM and Cllr Hina Bokhari
Speakers inspiring women on MWM’s Be Bold event for International Women’s Day
MWM takes part in Faith and Belief Forum Quiz Night
Your Health Matters promoting well-being and a healthy lifestyle
To see a cohesive equitable society that empowers women to have a compelling voice contributing to positive outcomes for all.
Volunteer With MWM
We have an amazing dedicated volunteer team who help us deliver our vision. Their time, skills and talents are effectively utilised to achieve our objectives.
We invite you to join us as a volunteer in transforming our community for the benefit of all.
If you feel you can fulfill this role, please click on the button below for more information.
Marriage Gems Video
Activities and Causes
Muslim Women of Merton provides a platform for muslim women to be heard, represented and contribute their skills , experience and knowledge for the benefit of the community. Our activities and projects include:
- Networking: for Muslim women of all ages; activities include day trips, coffee mornings, dinner dates and community celebrations
- Sunday morning walking group: All levels welcome – 40 mins brisk walk
- Quran study circle: Sunday evenings – explanation and recitation
- Health and wellbeing promotion: supported by our Health Champions
- Marriage workshops and presentations
- Assemblies and School Visits Project: supporting schools with Islamic knowledge
- Signposting for Healthcare professionals
- Ramadan food bags distribution
- Community food bank support
- Merton Salvation Army: cook and feed the homeless at drop in centre
- Nisa Nisham faith trips: Muslim and Jewish womens’ group collaboration
- Macmillan Coffee Morning fundraising for cancer support
- Interfaith quiz nights and other events collaboration
- Supporting National campaigns such as Visit My Mosque day on 18th February
Find out more, volunteer with us, get involved in future collaboration or suggest community projects by getting in touch…