Muslim women of Merton have been working to ensure that the views of Muslim Women are heard in the borough.
MWM have community representatives in the following areas:
- Merton Council Faith and Belief Forum:
- Remit- Faith and council related issues such as equality policy, community cohesion, public services and faith communities
- Police Independent Advisory Group:
- Remit-Equality and diversity around policing /community safety
- Healthwatch Merton:
- Remit-Muslim Patient concerns on any topic such as dignity, halal medications, fasting and Ramadan
- Sustainable Merton and Transition Town Tooting:
- Remit- Green issues
- Nisa-Nisham: Muslim and Jewish women’s discussion group:
- Remit- interfaith
- Wandsworth Christian Muslim discussion group:
- Muslim Women Connect Mentoring Programs:
- Mentoring and empowering young women
- Local community representation by taking part in meetings across council and health forums within the local region.