Welcome to MWM Coffee Morning sessions at MICC
A brief Introduction by Sabah Sufi & Aziza Dar
During our community work within the local area, we felt there was a need for a place for the women in the community to meet, exchange ideas, learn new skills and most importantly reduce isolation and loneliness. After discussions with MICC, Muslim Women of Merton secured a weekly slot to host the”MWM Coffee Morning”. We began in June 2018 with the Eid celebration and since then we continue to meet every Thursday at 11am until 12.30 during Term time only ( NO sessions in Ramadan May 2019).
It’s open to any women within the community and is free of cost to attend (voluntary donations accepted). A varied schedule of activities are run each week. Previous activities include: jewellery making; stress relief techniques; calligraphy workshops; motivational exercise techniques; mehndi workshop amongst others.
Upcoming activities until the Ramadan break include:
- Mindworks – theatre therapy on 28th February 2019
- pamper and motivation on 7th March 2019
- International Women’s Day on 14th March 2019
- Introducing Politics – coffee with Cllr Hina Bokhari on 21st March 2019
- First Aid Training sessions on 28th March 2019
- Healthy Ramadan – coffee with Dr Tamara Al-Jabary on 11th April 2019
Enquiries to email@example.com if you want any further information.